BigBlueButton Was Created In A Classroom, Not A Boardroom. That’s Important.
Our Development team work closely with tutors to ensure our leaners get the best online experience possible.
About PET-Xi classrooms and why we use BigBlueButton
PET-Xi virtual classrooms run using the latest BigBlueButton Room 2.4 technology updated in September 2021.
BigBlueButton does not have a client app and works in your browser so no there are plugins to instal. This enables you to access classrooms on not only a PC or laptop but also on a tablet or smart phone,
BBB has many great features that Zoom lacks:
- Easily see who is speaking when their name appears above the presentation
- Chat messages will remain if you lose your connection or reload and re-join the room.
- Video is HD quality and you can easily focus on a persons webcam image.
- Collaborative document writing on a shared Etherpad.
- Easily share the presenter/admin role with others in the room.
- Write closed captions in many languages, as well as change the language of the interface.
- An interactive whiteboard
- Can be integrated into our PET-Xi live platform with recordings linked back into learners courses or used as a standalone virtual classroom.
- Global Virtual Backdrops
Our tutorials provide you with an introduction to BigBlueButton. These short videos highlight key features that help you teach, and help students learn.
This quick introduction will show you how BigBlueButton improves online learning by letting you easily create a more cohesive online classroom experience for students.
This is where we introduce students to BigBlueButton, we’ll show them how the tools work and how to take advantage of the BigBlueButton learning environment to meet and exceed their educational goals.
Pan and Zoom
Pan and Zoom allow you to show your lesson documents more effectively by making sure that your document appears perfectly, no matter what size screen a student is learning from.
Your ability to create and share a single set of notes for each session is an invaluable timesaver and makes it easy to keep teachers and students connected and on the same page.
Shared YouTube Video
BigBlueButton makes it easy to share video content from YouTube, PeerTube, Vimeo, Canvas Studio, and any URL to a direct .mp4 or .mp3 file.
Live Closed Captions
BigBlueButton allows for live note captioning of lessons, making it easier to improve accessibility and help new language learners.
How to play your Powerpoint (with animations)
Tutors guide to sharing animated PowerPoints
Creating your own personal rooms with GreenLight
When not using the PET-Xi Live Virtual Learning Environment.
Using BBB as a stand alone
This is an overview of how to create rooms, invite users, and manage your recordings using GreenLight.
Greenlight has all the features required to make your BigBlueButton server manageable and accessible, such as:
- Signup/Login through the application itself.
- Manage your account settings and user preferences.
- Create and manage your own personal rooms (BigBlueButton sessions).
- Allow users to wait for your room to start, then automatically join when it does.
- Invite others to your room using a simple URL.
- View recordings and share them with others.